10.2.2023 – 3.3.2023
Being a feminist in the environmental movement requires understanding of the wider context in Europe and globally. As well it requires courage and possibilities to charge your mental and emotional batteries in order to face the struggles. This short, empowering online training will gather together feminists from different European countries to reflect on their experiences as feminists in the environmental movement and deepen their understanding of key feminist struggles and challenges in at European level. Coaching consist pre-task and of three online sessions.
Participants get possibility to
- network with other feminists from different European countries
- share experiences, learn from each other and guest speakers
- visualize together a brighter feminist future for Europe, a feminist Green New Deal
Learning objectives for the coaching
- you will be able to apply feminist perspectives in diverse situations and reflect your own position in relation to other people and society
- you will be able to identify connections of feminism to different areas of politics and human and non-human life
- you will gain methdological skills by getting familiar with two participatory methods (Timeout- dialogue method and Futures Frequency – workshop method) that you can use in your community / activism
- you will better understand some key feminist struggles and challenges at European and national level, and why we must stay vigilant amid forces of backlash
This training contains three online coaching sessions in a peer group. Max. 16 participants will be chosen to this peer group.
Pre task: Get familiar with Green Feminism e-course by Green European Foundation.
Members will get orientation material 5 days before the first training session.
1st session / Fri 17.2.2023 17-20 o’clock (CET): Key Feminist Struggles in Europe and nationally – short introduction to the topic and facilitated dialogue between participants by Timeout – dialogue method. First training session is dedicated to experience sharing by deep listening and mindful speaking. We will dive deep in a powerful way!
2nd session / Fri 24.2.2023 17-20 o’clock (CET): Advocating Green Feminism in EU – Introduction to the topic by guest speaker (TBA). Guest speaker shares her experience as a feminist in the environmental movement in EU-level / European parliament. After the introduction facilitated dialogue between participants by Timeout – dialogue method.
3rd session /Fri 3.3.2023 17-20 o’clock (CET): The future is feminist – workshop: What would it mean to have a feminist European Green Deal; what would that future look like? Our ideas about the future guide our actions in the present. That is why it’s important to challenge various assumptions about the future. It’s difficult to realize a future that we can’t imagine. If our imagination is narrow, we may reduce the range of possible futures. In this workshop we visualize feminist future, specially a feminist European Green Deal and plan actions towards it.
This workshop is held online (Zoom). Participants chosen to this coaching group will get guidelines on how to attend.
This workshop follows the rules of safer space by Educational Center Visio. This means that any kind of discriminatory speech or actions are prohibited. Each participant commits to follow the rules as well as the rules of constructive dialogue including respectful behavior, listening deeply and respecting each others’ privacy.
Methods that are used in the training are both developed in Finland, Timeout – method aims to constructive dialogues, Futures Frequency workshop method aims to build alternative, hopeful future scenarios.
Who is organizing this?
This online coaching is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of Educational Center Visio, Finland. It is part of the transnational project “Feminists in the Environmental Movement” which also involves Oikos (Belgium), Green Thought Association (Turkey), Strefa Zieleni (Poland) and Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe. As part of this project, a Green Feminism e-course was created.
Who can attend?
Maybe you? We are calling to feminists of the green and environmental movement across Europe. There are 16 spots in this training and max 4 participants from same country can be accepted to the training. The criteria:
- You have at least some experience as a feminist and/or environmental activist
- You are motivated to share your thoughts and learn from others, and committed to the collective learning experience
- You are committed to attend ALL the online meetings of the training
You can apply to this training by filling the application form by 30th of Jan. All the participants are informed by Wed 1st of Feb if they have been chosen. Application form opens 19th of Jan.