Feminist Climate Ambassadors 2021
Are you a #FeministClimateAmbassador? Would you like to be?
We are proud to launch our 2021 Feminist Climate Ambassadors training with a CALL FOR CANDIDATES!
The Green European Foundation is looking for feminist climate activists, changemakers, herstory influencers and community leaders to join the Feminist Climate Ambassadors training programme, with study trips – should the Covid-19 pandemic allow so – to Brussels and Glasgow.
Twenty ambassadors from across Europe will be appointed to participate in the six-month training program free of charge. The training starts at the end of March and has monthly online meetings, culminating in study trips to the European Parliament and Ecopolis in Brussels and COP26 in Glasgow in October-November. We encourage all ages and backgrounds to apply!
This online training is a part of the Feminists in the Climate Movement project, organised by GEF and its supporting partners Educational Centre Visio (Finland), Green Economics Institute (UK), Oikos (Belgium) and Fundacja Strefa Zieleni (Poland). Visio collaborates locally with Finnish Green Women’s association. The project promotes the growth of the green feminist movement across Europe.
Testimonials from participants to the previous training in 2020:
Meeting with activists from all over the word, not only Europe, was fruitful.Participant to 2020 FCA training
I’m now more focused on what I’m going to do. And as I have a title (Feminist Climate Ambassador) with this opportunity, people around me are not finding it irrelevant now what I do. I feel more confident now. I’m really thankful for this confidence!Participant to 2020 FCA training
Each webinar gave me the same feeling – empowerment. The first webinar was fantastic, I especially appreciated the speakers who gave insights into different fields all in a unique way.Participant to 2020 FCA training
The last webinar was very clear and useful, as the team provided us tools and hints. I appreciated the fact to have given space for our project-presentations, so as to share experiences and ideas. Overall, I felt lots of engagement and commitment by the participants.Participant to 2020 FCA training
Do you have what it takes?
✋ You are passionate about making change
✋ You are engaged in concrete action to promote sustainability, ideally with a gender equality lens
✋ You wish to learn about advocacy, networking and campaigning
✋ You want to identify and pursue your personal advocacy goals
✋ You want to raise awareness for your cause
✋ You want to meet other feminists working on similar projects in their regions
✋ You are able to commit to a training programme: spending about 6-10 hours monthly on individual and group work, and attending activities listed below.
As an ambassador, you will receive…
☝️ Training by international experts, facilitators and political leaders to define and achieve your own advocacy ambitions
☝️ The possibility to develop your projects with an established mentor – industry leader, politician, campaign specialist, NGO leader…
☝️ A toolkit to support your own work in your local project
☝️ Support and visibility for your own goals via the Feminist Climate Ambassadors network
☝️ Opportunity to participate in COP26 in Glasgow or visit the European Parliament and Ecopolis event in Brussels – travel and accommodation is covered by the training programme for one study trip per participant
☝️ The right to use the title #FeministClimateAmbassador
- Virtual training day 1 on Saturday March 27th 2021 (compulsory)
- Webinar on Monday March 29th 2021 (participation encouraged, recording will be available) The date has been changed!
- Webinar on Thursday April 8th 2021 (participation encouraged, recording will be available)
- Virtual training day 2 on Saturday April 24th 2021 (compulsory)
- Webinar on Saturday 8th May 2021 (participation encouraged, recording will be available)
- Virtual training day 3 on Saturday 22nd May 2021 (compulsory)
- Virtual training day 4 on Saturday 19th June 2021 (participation encouraged, no recording)
- Webinar on Saturday 28th August 2021 (participation encouraged, recording will be available)
- Virtual training day 5 on Saturday 4th September 2021 (compulsory)
- Virtual training day 6 on Saturday 25th September 2021 (compulsory)
- One study trip – should the Covid-19 pandemic allow –, either to the European Parliament and Ecopolis event in Brussels (22-24 October 2021) or COP26 in Glasgow (beginning of November)
- As a participant to the Feminist Climate Ambassador training, you will also have the opportunity to attend a 3-day climate & feminism summer school free of charge on August (not compulsory.)
Deadline for submitting applications is March 10th 2021 at 12 (noon) CET. Applications will be reviewed by a jury of experts. Selected ambassadors will be contacted by March 15th 2021. Training will start on Saturday March 27th 2021 with a kick-off meeting. The virtual working space will open on April 1st, and will be available for the duration of the training for networking and exchanging ideas with fellow ambassadors and trainers.
If you have questions about the training programme, feel free to contact Adele from Visio: firstname.lastname@example.org
The call has ended and the selection of ambassadors for 2021 has been made! Thank you for all the candidates who sent in their applications.
The project is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of Visio, Green Economics Institute, Oikos and Fundacja Strefa Zieleni, with the financial support of the European Parliament to the Green European Foundation.