Last Saturday marked the date of the third meeting of Feminist Climate Ambassadors training. Different sessions revolved around the general theme of activism on the grassroots level. Change often begins from the bottom – how does it happen, where to begin and how to succeed? What are the ingredients of successful bottom-up influencing?
We were honoured to have many inspiring activists representing different fields, causes and forms of activism:
- Oliver Varmanen – Trans ry (association for the rights of gender minorities), Finland: Oikeus olla / Right to Be campaign
- Devika Partiman – Stem op een Vrouw / Vote for a Woman, the Netherlands
- Taru Anttonen – Green Women’s Association, Finland
- Leen Schelfhout – XR Belgium and Citizen’s Spring, Belgium
- Kati Juva – Vihreät De Gröna, Finland
- Fatima Verwijnen – human rights activist and Instagram blogger, Finland
Our participants found the sessions inspiring and useful: the power of example is well know, and having the opportunity to learn from diverse experiences activists was valuable!
As the exit out of the Covid19 pandemic is becoming clearer with the development of vaccinations in Europe and around world, we are optimistically starting to look forward to our study trips. Our ambassadors are travelling to Brussels and Glasgow during late autumn 2021. We are in the process of planning how to best use the platform during COP26 to promote climate equity.
Keep on following the project in GEF’s channels to keep updated or share thoughts directly with the training coordinator Adele: adele.halttunen(a)opintokeskusvisio.fi